Code Signing Certificates
for Microsoft® Office and VBA
With code signing from Thawte, you can assure users that your code and content is safe to download, and protect your most valuable business asset: your reputation. Code signing authenticates the code’s source and confirms the integrity of content distributed online. Thawte® Code Signing Certificates for Microsoft® Office and VBA are designed for developers who use Microsoft Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) for Microsoft® Office and other VBA environments.
- Digitally sign VBA objects, scripts and macros for Microsoft Office .doc, .xls, and .ppt files
Enrollment Requirements: Internet Explorer® 5.0 or greater.
- Inspire user confidence by showing customers your verified identity and the integrity of your code.
- Protect brand assets and reputation by preventing your code from being damaged or falsified and making it easy to recall.
- Buy, renew, and manage code signing and SSL certificates with a single, secure sign-in to Thawte® Certificate Center.
- Save time and money by purchasing multi-year code signing certificates.
- Reduce the cost of maintaining code with a free timestamp.
Thawte® Code Signing Certificates create a unique digital signature with identification information about the publisher of the code and proof of the code’s integrity. Microsoft Office and other programs that use VBA macros have security features to check for a digital signature and recommend whether or not code should be trusted.
When a user encounters unsigned or self-signed executables, a security warning pops up or content fails to load, depending on the user’s security settings.
When a signed executable is encountered, a pop-up notification shows the verified identity of the publisher and the certificate authority (such as Thawte) who authenticated it. The user has the information needed to decide whether or not to trust the code.
In Microsoft Windows, signed code has an additional Properties tab that displays information about the signature. The user can see who the application came from and be reminded that the application hasn't been changed since it was signed.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 7 or higher on Windows Vista or higher, please enable Active X.
Thawte Certificate Center allows you to buy, renew, and manage all your certificates with a single sign-in. Click buy or renew above to begin the enrollment process in Thawte Certificate Center:
- Select certificate options and a validity period.
- Enter required contact information.
- Enter certificate information (choose the default if you are not sure), create a backup and follow instructions.
- Enter organization and billing information.
- Create a Thawte Certificate Center account or sign in to an existing account.
- Provide payment information. Thawte accepts credit card, check or wire transfer.
- Pick up your certificate in Thawte Certificate Center after Thawte completes authentication.
NOTE: You must buy and retrieve your code signing certificate from the same computer.
Problems? Confirm that you are using the same computer, browser, and log-in profile used to enroll.
Your code signing certificate contains your full organizational name and your public key. It can be used to digitally sign code and content during the certificate validity period.
"The tech was extremely helpful and went well out of his way to help me fix a problem that was clearly on our end. I cannot thank support enough!"
Thawte provides free support by chat, email, or phone from highly trained, dedicated employees.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
US toll-free: +1 888 484 2983
South Africa: +27 21 819 2800
UK: +44 203 450 5486