SSL Web Server Certificates
Assures Users of Your Site’s Security and Identity
Thawte® SSL Web Server Certificates secure confidential information exchanged online and confirm your site’s identity to employees, business partners, and other users. When users click the Thawte® Trusted Site Seal or view certificate details, your organization name appears and shows that Thawte, a trusted certificate authority, has verified the site’s identity. SSL Web Server Certificates include full organization authentication, the Thawte Trusted Site Seal, free reissues, and a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Create a secure, private connection between a web browser and web server, including gateways, web forms, mail and FTP servers, and VPNs with up to 256-bit SSL encryption and a 1.25M USD warranty.
- Increase confidence by displaying the Thawte Trusted Site Seal, which is available in 18 languages.
- Secure your competitive advantage with SSL from Thawte, a globally recognized certificate authority with root certificates included in over 99% of browsers.
- Buy, renew, and manage certificates with a single, secure sign-in to Thawte® Certificate Center.
- Save time and money by purchasing multi-year SSL certificates and additional licenses when securing multiple servers for a single domain (co-location, clustering, load balancing servers, etc.).
- Add up to 25 additional domain names to one certificate when you purchase a SAN Certificate with a Thawte SSL Certificate.
If you buy more than 10 Thawte® SSL Certificates this year, you may be eligible for a Thawte® Certificate Center Enterprise Account with volume discounts and centralized control of all of your organization’s Thawte Certificates. To calculate savings for other types of SSL and code signing certificates, go to Volume SSL Discounts.
|Units*||Discount||Price Per Certificate||Buy|
For larger volumes, please Contact Us.
*A unit equals 1 certificate license per year. Units may be combined for multi-year validity periods and for multiple server licenses. Units are valid for 12 months after purchase. The certificate’s validity period begins on the day of certificate issuance.
The right SSL certificate depends on the level of assurance your customers need and the minimum security level your organization requires.
Assurance and Authentication
Authentication means that a trusted third party (such as Thawte) has verified the identification information contained in your SSL certificate, assuring customers that your site is actually your site.
You are considering: SSL Web Server Certificates with full organization validation. Your domain name and validated organization name are included in certificate details and verification pages to assure users.
For the most assurance, SSL Web Server Certificates with EV turn the address bar green in high-security browsers, showing that your organization has met the industry’s highest standard of authentication. Extended Validation (EV) includes your domain name, organization, and location in certificate details and verification pages.
Security and Encryption
Encryption is the "secret code" used to keep online communications private when a web browser and web server talk to each other.
You are considering: SSL Web Server Certificates with 128-bit or 256-bit encryption in the latest operating systems and web browsers. However, certain older browsers and operating systems only connect at 40-bit or 56-bit.
For strong encryption in the most browsers, SGC SuperCerts with server-gated cryptography (SGC) enable older browsers and operating systems to step up to 128-bit or 256-bit encryption.
If you need both Extended Validation and SGC, consider a VeriSign® Secure Site Pro with EV SSL Certificate.
"The tech was extremely helpful and went well out of his way to help me fix a problem that was clearly on our end. I cannot thank support enough!"
Thawte provides free support by chat, email, or phone from highly trained, dedicated employees.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
US toll-free: +1 888 484 2983
South Africa: +27 21 819 2800
UK: +44 203 450 5486
- TUI (PDF)