Code Signing Certificates
With code signing from Thawte, you can assure users that your code and content is safe to download, and protect your most valuable business asset: your reputation. Code signing authenticates the code’s source and confirms the integrity of content distributed online. Thawte® Code Signing Certificate for Java® is designed for Java applications for desktop and mobile devices and recognized by Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
- Digitally sign .jar files and Java applications for desktop and mobile devices
- Save even more with our new 3 year option!
This product is no longer available. Learn More
Please note that SHA1 certificates are not available on this product
- Inspire user confidence by showing customers your verified identity and the integrity of your code.
- Protect brand assets and reputation by preventing your code from being damaged or falsified.
- Buy, renew, and manage code signing and SSL certificates with a single, secure sign-in to Thawte® Certificate Center.
- Save time and money by purchasing multi-year code signing certificates.
- Reduce the cost of maintaining code with a free timestamp.
Thawte® Code Signing Certificates create a unique digital signature with identification information about the publisher of the code and proof of the code’s integrity. Java platforms (J2SE and J2ME) include security features that recognize code signing and check for a trusted digital signature.
When a user encounters unsigned or self-signed executables, a security warning pops up or content fails to load, depending on the user’s security settings.
When a signed executable is encountered, a pop-up notification shows the verified identity of the publisher and the certificate authority (such as Thawte) who authenticated it. The user has the information needed to decide whether or not to trust the code.
In Microsoft Windows, signed code has an additional Properties tab that displays information about the signature. The user can see who the application came from and be reminded that the application hasn't been changed since it was signed.
Thawte Certificate Center allows you to buy, renew, and manage all your certificates with a single sign-in. Click buy or renew above to begin the enrollment process in Thawte Certificate Center:
- Select certificate options and a validity period.
- Sign-In or Create an Account.
- Enter required certificate and contact information.
- Provide payment information. Thawte accepts Credit Card, Purchase Order, Check or Wire Transfer.
- Pick up your certificate in Thawte Certificate Center after Thawte completes authentication
- Note: A CSR (Certificate Signing Request) is required to enroll for certificate.
Your code signing certificate contains your full organizational name and your public key. It can be used to digitally sign code and content during the certificate validity period.
"The tech was extremely helpful and went well out of his way to help me fix a problem that was clearly on our end. I cannot thank support enough!"
Thawte provides free support by chat, email, or phone from highly trained, dedicated employees.
- Email: email@example.com
US toll-free: +1 888 484 2983
South Africa: +353 1 793 9142
UK: +44 203 450 5486