Strong SSL Encryption for the Most Site Users
Thawte® SGC SuperCerts help keep online transactions secure by enabling every web site visitor to experience the strongest SSL encryption available to them. Most SSL certificates are capable of strong encryption (128-bit or higher), however, certain older browsers and operating systems cannot step-up to 128-bit encryption unless an SSL certificate with SGC technology is used. SGC SuperCerts include SGC, full organization authentication, the Thawte® Trusted Site Seal, free reissues, and a 30-day money back guarantee.
Note: An SGC SuperCert is a chained SSL certificate and your web server must support certificate chaining.
- Protect confidential information exchanged during shopping, banking, secure sign in, and account self-service interactions with 128-bit or higher SSL encryption for the most users and a 1.25M USD warranty.
- Increase confidence by displaying the Thawte Trusted Site Seal, which is available in 18 languages.
- Secure your competitive advantage with SSL from Thawte, a globally recognized certificate authority with root certificates included in over 99% of browsers.
- Buy, renew, and manage certificates with a single, secure sign-in to Thawte® Certificate Center.
- Save time and money by purchasing multi-year SSL certificates and additional licenses when securing multiple servers for a single domain (co-location, clustering, load balancing servers, etc.).
- Add up to 25 additional domain names to one certificate when you purchase a SAN Certificate with a Thawte SSL Certificate.
If you buy more than 10 Thawte® SSL Certificates this year, you may be eligible for a Thawte® Certificate Center Enterprise Account with volume discounts and centralized control of all of your organization’s Thawte Certificates. To calculate savings for other types of SSL and code signing certificates, go to Volume SSL Discounts.
|Units*||Discount||Price Per Certificate||Buy|
For larger volumes, please Contact Us.
*A unit equals 1 certificate license per year. Units may be combined for multi-year validity periods and for multiple server licenses. Units are valid for 12 months after purchase. The certificate’s validity period begins on the day of certificate issuance.
The right SSL certificate depends on the level of assurance your customers need and the minimum security level your organization requires.
Security and Encryption
Encryption is the "secret code" used to keep online communications private when a web browser and web server talk to each other.
You are considering: SGC SuperCerts with server-gated cryptography (SGC). SGC enables older browsers and operating systems to step up to 128-bit or 256-bit encryption in the most web browsers.
Assurance and Authentication
Authentication means that a trusted third party (such as Thawte) has verified the identification information contained in your SSL certificate, assuring customers that your site is actually your site.
You are considering: SGC SuperCerts with full organization validation. Your domain name and validated organization name are included in certificate details and verification pages to assure users.
For the most assurance, SSL Web Server Certificates with EV turn the address bar green in high-security web browsers, showing that your organization has met the industry’s highest standard of authentication. Extended Validation (EV) includes your domain name, organization, and location in certificate details and verification pages.
If you need both Extended Validation and SGC, consider a VeriSign® Secure Site Pro with EV SSL Certificate.
"The tech was extremely helpful and went well out of his way to help me fix a problem that was clearly on our end. I cannot thank support enough!"
Thawte provides free support by chat, email, or phone from highly trained, dedicated employees.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
US toll-free: +1 888 484 2983
South Africa: +353 1 793 9142
UK: +44 203 450 5486